Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update - July 1, 2008

Well, it's been a while since that last update, and now we're going to start actually blogging, Lord willing, so here goes - our first true update!


Aaron:

I am recovering this week from a very intense month of June.

The first part of the month was consumed by Concord Quest '08 - Secret of the Ancient Armor.  Years ago I was onstage acting for two of our shows, and every year since I've been employed by Concord I've been leading music for Breakout, the Middle School VBS event.  This year I was fortunate enough to have Casey Roberts to be able to handle Breakout for me, which freed me up to be involved in preproduction and tech crew. I was charged with composing and recording the original score to accompany the intro video, finding and creating a couple of music beds and all the sound effects, as well as engineering the audio for the production DVD.  As all production seasons are, it was a whirlwind of busyness that that only increased as the days passed.  I heard someone estimate today that Tim and I probably worked close to 100 hours each the week before production.  Production week itself wasn't so bad; I ran a computer from the tech booth and really enjoyed being a part of a side of the show I'd never been able to participate in before.   Then as soon as we had completed our first Family Night performance, I once again locked myself in the studio all night to mix down the multitracked audio from the live performance into what would become the 5.1 mix for the DVD.

Two days after the show was all wrapped up, I had to pack up and leave with Signet (one of our student bands) and 20 or so other members of our Student Ministry team for Thailand.  We went to lead basically a youth camp for MS & HS - aged children of workers in the Pacific Rim region.  The trip was incredible; the band and crew did a fabulous job in spite of sub-par equipment, undependable power situations, lack of sleep, unusual food, and countless spiritual attacks.  Our whole team functioned very well together, and I was extremely proud to be a part of it.  That said, it was one of the most miserable times in the recent history of my life.  I've been on a dozen or so of these trips now, and this was the very first time I'd ever been homesick.  I mean I got it bad.  I hadn't seen Rebekah and Evie much at all for the two weeks prior to the trip, and I was just over it.  I didn't want to be there, I didn't want to talk to anybody, I didn't want to participate in anything...I was just miserable.  For about a week.  Then I turned it over to the Lord, admitted I was being self-centered, sought Him instead of them, and He not only changed my heart, He also gave me the desire of my heart.  We finally figured out our video-conferencing method, and I FINALLY got to see my girls and talk to them face-to-face through Skype.  What a relief to know that the Creator of this way-too-big-in-my-opinion-right-then Earth was watching over my family and taking care of all our needs.

So we just got back Saturday night.  I'm still a little off on my days and nights, but I'm getting there.  I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with the ladies before I run off again next week to Middle School Camp.  More on that later.  That's all for me for today!

Rebekah:


Well there's never a dull moment around here!  Concord Quest was a lot of fun for me as well.  Since I'm currently unable to do a lot of dancing and jumping around, I couldn't join the praise team or the dance team this year.  But I did get the opportunity to help with all of the extras backstage.  That was different, but a lot of fun.  They kept me well stocked on nutter-butters and cookies!  Evie had a great time that week as well.  It was hard to be on an extremely different schedule and diet, but she survived!  One day she made a yellow foam crown and a paper bag "breastplate."  She was oh-so-proud.

It took a few days for us to get settled back into our routine.  We've made a few trips to the swimming pool and she loves swimming with her Nanny Wade!  I've always called the Wades 'fish' since all of them would rather be in the water than on land.  It appears that the fishiness is a dominant gene and Evie has joined in their ranks.  We have to keep a close eye on her since she's so fearless.

The week after Concord Quest, Aaron left for Thailand and Evie started in Discovery Kids (twice a week) at FBC.  She absolutely loves seeing her friends, playing on the playground and making arts and crafts.  And I love the time to myself.  I'm trying to savor it since our son will be joining us very soon.  Time to myself won't really be an option once he arrives (at least in large doses).  While Evie's at church I've been shopping way too much, building my Uppercase Living business (Take a look!  You can login using ID: 386683 and Token: Wade), and trying to get our home organized and ready for the new addition.  Our nephew Jack was born a year ago August.   Could we have planned that any better?  He has us FULLY stocked on clothing and toys.  The only challenge is finding room for it in the nursery.

Speaking of  the new addition, you might want an update on him.  The pregnancy is going extremely well with no complications or issues so far.  Praise the Lord!  He is due on August 17th and we are probably going to name him Abel.  We are still debating middle names.  There's less than 8 weeks left to decide!

Next week we'll go visit Aaron at Middle School Camp since he'll only be about an hour away.  We're also planning a trip to the zoo with Jack and Sarah!  On Thursday, I've got an appointment to have an ultrasound where they'll do a thorough scan/checkup.  I'm praying that he'll be healthy and strong.  So it looks like another busy week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Use comments to share public responses to a specific post. You must be a member of our blog in order to comment.