Saturday, August 2, 2008

Diabetics Make Harsher Slave Drivers


They say nesting is a sign of labor.  At least, that's what my wife tells me.  Personally, I didn't even know what nesting was.  After this weekend, I think I understand.  We now no longer have any space in our attic, we discovered carpet in areas of our bedroom I didn't know existed, and I made 10 bucks mowing a new neighbor's yard.  So that's pretty good, right?  I think diabetics make harsher slave drivers.

Indeed, Rebekah's doctor visit Tuesday resulted in the discovery that she had developed gestational diabetes.  This news was received with several kinds of frustration.  First, why does this happen with less than three weeks left to term?  Second, isn't insurance supposed to cover the $150 worth of supplies we had to pay for?  Finally, is it pure cruelty that coincides this with the discovery of Moose Tracks in our freezer, or the receipt of a free box of brownie mix the same day?  Post-finally, must I (Aaron) really abstain sympathetically from such yummy delights?  Well, such is life.  As long as I don't have to prick my finger with that thing.  

We've got the kids' room pretty much ready.  Except for maybe the closet.  We're going to take a picture so you can see; it's absolutely unreal.  When Abel comes he'll sleep up here in our room till he can sleep through the night.  Then he'll move downstairs with Evie and sleep in her old crib (she has a new white toddler bed that she's extremely proud of).

So here we are, anxiously awaiting the day.  And while you wait with us, enjoy these pictures from the beach!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Use comments to share public responses to a specific post. You must be a member of our blog in order to comment.