Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Update From Texas (finally)

Well...we're here!  Have been for almost four months now.  Where to even start?  It seems like almost everything in our lives has changed significantly since we last posted.  We'll break down specific areas of interest later on, but for now, please know that we are committed to providing regular updates from now on.  We commit to be consistent in sharing what's going on in our world if you'll commit to following us and keeping us on your prayer list. Your support is critical to this (and every) stage of our lives, and we wouldn't be able to be here doing what we're doing if not for the support you've already shown.  To make following us easier, there's a simple email subscription box on the right side of this page.  This will deliver all of our updates straight to your inbox so you don't have to remember to check this site all the time.  If you use a feedreader for RSS feeds, our feed is http://wade-family-blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default.  Please read on for our update...

Babies


We know all that most people are interested in hearing from us is, "How are the kids?" and we're okay with that...so we'll put it first.
  • Evie had her 3rd birthday on September 12.  She started Little Levites this fall at First Euless (yes, they call it that here too!).  LL is children's choir for 3-4 year olds, and she absolutely loves it!  They gave their first performance at Trunkfest (Euless's community trick-or-treating event), and they'll be singing again during the Preshow for our Imagine Christmas presentation on December 12.  She's enrolled in First Kids Academy (Euless's preschool program), where she has made a reputation as the class know-it-all.  She's having a great time on Tuesdays and Thursdays; she loves being around other kids and learning.  Dance classes started in November - she's taking tap and ballet.  I don't know how much tap or ballet is sinking in, but she's getting pretty good at the Hokie Pokie.  The last couple weeks, she has started being able to sound out words on her own.  She loves watching her 'Your Baby Can Read' DVDs and practicing with the books, and she's doing very well.  The first time I saw this actually pay off was when she was sitting in my lap and worked out the word 'MacBook' just under my computer screen.  That's my girl.  She loves being a big sister and making Abel laugh.  Her eyes are a beautiful green now, for the record; all the blue is gone.

  • Abel turned one year old on August 10.  He also is enjoying the 'Your Baby Can Read' program, and he's starting to verbalize and mimic sounds more and clearer than he ever has before.  Those DVDs are the only thing on a screen that will hold his attention for more than a couple minutes!  He has finally started walking on his own, which is making Rebekah's life all the more exciting.  He's a very good boy, comprehending and obeying instructions exceptionally well.  He's developing a fun little personality, shouting 'HI!' or 'BYE BYE!' or 'NIGHT NIGHT!' over and over, with a huge grin on his face and in his voice, and usually in the right context!  He laughs all the time, and loves to watch his big sister play, sing, and read.  He won't be far behind...

  • Little Brother will be here on or around March 19.  He's developing very well, and our doctor is very pleased.  We were blessed to hear his heartbeat today.  He's been a little more high maintenance than the other two were.  I felt and actually saw him kick the other night - that never gets old!  Most of you know that he had a twin that we lost early on in the pregnancy.  God is faithful and He's already healing us.  Prayers make all the difference!  Stay tuned for the little one's name.
Us

Here are brief updates from each of us:
    • Rebekah decided to volunteer in Little Levites this year and is teaching the 4 year olds.  This has probably been the most exhausting hours of my life.  Several of the children are "challenging," to put it nicely.  But most of the time we manage to have fun!  I've also started a job at church for a program called Legacy.  It's a weekly enrichment school for homeschooled children.  I have seven little kindergartners that are already very dear to me.  The pay is great and it's only once a week so it was impossible to turn the job down.  On occasion, I even get to sub for the music teacher!   My boss and the other teachers are amazing and becoming my close friends.  Another blessing from the Lord.  I have to say that what I've loved most about the past few months is having Aaron home a lot.  Believe it or not, he has to limit his working to 40 hours a week!  We've had some wonderful time together as a family and God was very gracious to allow us this time during this huge transition in our lives.  I know once school kicks into gear things will change.  But what a sweet time it's been and we've definitely soaked it in.  Our house is one minute from the church, so he can pop in for lunch or I can stop in to visit for a minute.  And more importantly, when one of us forgets something important on a Sunday or school day, the trek of recovery isn't that long or inconvenient.  Not that we are ever forgetful...

    • Aaron is feeling overwhelmed in the goodness of God.  I'm learning anew that when God is the only consistent thing in my life, His faithfulness is magnified all the more.  I also am thoroughly enjoying having waaaaay more time at home than I ever have before!  I've even tackled a few assorted minor handy-man projects around the house, and it's still standing! (Side note: when Dad was here last month, not only did he fix the hole I made in the ceiling, he put in a ladder, and even floored a giant section of the attic for me!)  I'm taking Hermeneutics and Bible Study Methods at DTS on Tuesday nights, taught by Dr. Mark Bailey, the president of the Seminary.  Dr. Bailey is an amazing Bible scholar, and inspired communicator, and an annointed educator; I love going to class and just absorbing bits of his wisdom.  It's a great class, and it's allowing me to focus on home and work and getting settled in, while still starting on my new academic track.  I'm planning to start full-time at GIAL in January - that's going to rock our world a little bit.  I've gotta be in Duncanville (30-minute drive on a good day) for class every morning by 8am.  Awesome.  Anyway, I'm really enjoying life, work, and ministry at First Euless.  The Worship Ministry staff is a wonderful and fun environment, and I'm loving my time there.  I'm helping with worship planning, scheduling and training of vocal teams, leading on stage, and lots of other stuff.  I've also been able to do some writing for our Christmas production, which was a lot of fun.  It was a huge project, similar to what I did the last two years for Concord Quest, except this time it has to be played by real people (as opposed to a computer in a studio)!  I played a few games this fall with the Choir Boys, our illustrious softball team, who won the league championship!  I'm looking forward to the spring season, and meanwhile I'm trying to find a place to play racquetball for free (or really cheap) and some people to play with.
    That's about all we can think of right now.  We promise much more (and more consistency) to come!  We'd really love to read your comments.  Don't forget to subscribe using the form at the top right of this page!  Blessings to you and yours!

        1 comment:

        1. We love and miss you guys and are praying for you. It is such a blessing to see God at work in and through and for you. Much love from podunck... :)

          ReplyDelete

        Use comments to share public responses to a specific post. You must be a member of our blog in order to comment.